Building Permits

The City of Dunnellon enforces state and local regulations in an effort to establish and maintain a quality driven organization that assures the efficient management of all resources and delivery of quality municipal services to all citizens, property owners, and organizations within the city limits.  The Community Development Office oversees the building permitting process and takes pride in a smooth and user friendly application process.

Application Process

Submit a completed, notarized application to the city via email, in person or by carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx). Plans Examiner will review the application and approve for issue or request additional information. Once approved, applicant will be notified via email that permit is ready to pay & pick up with the fee amount and Instructions. Payment is accepted in person by cash, check or charge (Visa, M/C, Discover) or by mail carrier.  Once payment is received, the permit will be issued and hard copies for the job site provided to the applicant or authorized agent. Applications may be emailed to:

The following are types of residential and commercial work requiring a permit: Alterations, Additions or Renovations to Existing Structure; Barns; Decks, Docks, Sheds, Carports; Demolition; Electrical; Gas; HVAC New or Change-out; Irrigation; Plumbing; Roof, Re-roof, Roof-over; Signs (over 32 sq. ft.); Pools / Pool Enclosures; Mobile Home Set Up; New Residential / Commercial Structures.

This list is not all-inclusive. Please contact Community Development with any questions.

Permit Application Documents - Commercial / Residential

Deck / Dock  Electrical  Fence  Gas - LP  HVAC / Mechanical  Modular / Mobile Home

New Construction, Additions, Renovations  Pool, In-ground  Roof  Shed / Carport

Sign / Solar  Window / Door  Multi-trade, Miscellaneous

Additional Service Request Forms

Change of Contractor  Expired / Renew Permit  Permit Extension  Plan Revision

Inspection Request

To schedule all inspections, please email the Building Department / Inspections or call the office at (352) 465-8500 x1010. Please be prepared to provide permit #, address, type of inspection, and contact information.

Permit Fees:

Resolution RES2018-01 Fees