The City of Dunnellon proposes to adopt the following ordinance:
An Ordinance of the City Of Dunnellon, Florida, Amending the Code of Ordinances, by Amending Section 98-1 “Definitions” to Create a Definition For “HighRisk Activity,” Amending Section 98-101 “Pre-Application Materials” to Reference “Well/Wellhead Protection Area Zones,” Amending Section 98-102 “Preliminary Plat Application” to Reference “Well/Wellhead Protection Area Zones,” Deleting Section 98-218 “Wellfields” and Creating a New Chapter 98, Article VII, Entitled “Wellhead Protection” in Its Place to Include Provisions for Purpose and Intent, Applicability, Creation of Well/Wellhead Protection Area Zones, and Use Regulations; Providing for Severability, Codification, Conflicts, and an Effective Date.
A public hearing on the proposed amendment to the Comprehensive Plan will be held on Monday, June 8, 2020, beginning at 5:30 p.m., or soon thereafter, before the City Council, as part of its regular meeting, for the purpose of taking public comment and considering the Planning Commission’s recommendations. This hearing will be held for the purpose of transmitting the proposed Plan amendment and Ordinance to the Department of Economic Opportunity. The public hearing will be held in the City Council Chambers, Dunnellon City Hall, 20750 River Drive, Dunnellon, FL 34431. If necessary, this public hearing may be continued to a time and date certain by announcement at the scheduled hearing without any further written notice.
Interested parties may submit written comments at or before the public hearing, or provide oral comments at the public hearing, regarding the Comprehensive Plan amendment. The failure of a person to submit oral or written comment before final adoption of the amendment may preclude the ability of such person to contest the amendment at a later date.
You may provide written comments, evidence, and/or written testimony in advance of the meeting by emailing the City Clerk no later than June 8, 2020 at 12:00 Noon at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at 20750 River Drive, Dunnellon, FL 34431. Provide your full name and address. If requested, written comments will be read into the record at the appropriate time.
The public may inspect the Plan amendment during normal business hours 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Dunnellon City Hall.
To access and/or participate in the City Council meeting on Monday, June 8, 2020, at 5:30 p.m., you have the following options:
1. Attend the meeting in person at Dunnellon City Hall, 20750 River Drive, Dunnellon, Florida 34431 using social distancing guidelines.
2. Attend the meeting and provide public comment during the meeting via Zoom Platform: Those requesting to speak during the meeting, please complete the “Request to Speak Form” on the City’s website prior to the start of the meeting. You must fill out all required information for the form to be submitted. If you do not register and decide that you want to speak during the meeting, you will have the option in the Zoom Webinar to use the “raise your hand” feature and be recognized at the direction of the Chair. Zoom meeting instructions for the public participants are available on the City’s website. If you are using a tablet or smartphone, download Zoom from the device’s app store. For the June 8, 2020 meeting, please use the meeting web address https://dunnellon.zoom.us/j/92485172650?pwd=WDRjalRSa0t1UnU2UVdhU0xqdU44UT09 to attend the meeting by computer, tablet or smartphone. The password to enter the meeting is 34431. Those whom have pre-registered to speak will be called upon. If you have not registered to speak, please use the “raise your hand” feature in the Zoom Webinar.
3. Access audio of the Zoom meeting via phone: You may access the audio from your phone by dialing 1-312-626-6799. When the Meeting ID is requested, enter 924 8517 2650 followed by # key. When asked for a participant ID, press # key. If you would like to speak during the public comment portions of the agenda, please press *9 on your phone to activate the “raise your hand” feature of Zoom.
4. Watch the meeting online via YouTube: You may access the meeting by visiting the City’s YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcv3SQ4vcfwd3CGb1hyysVg/
5. Listen to the meeting on WDLN Radio, FM 104.9.
For additional information or assistance please contact the following prior to the meeting:
1. For public comment questions: Mandy Roberts, City Clerk, email@example.com or 352-465-8500
2. For questions on connecting to the meeting: Lonnie Smith, IT Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-465-8500
APPEAL: NECESSITY OF RECORD. Notice is given that if any person desires to appeal any action taken by the City Council at the above hearing, a verbatim record of the proceedings may be necessary pursuant to Florida Statutes, 286.0105. The City assumes no responsibility for furnishing said record, however, the hearings will be audio recorded by the City for public use.
If any accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 352-465-8500.
2020 CPA LDR Map
Posted on the City’ website: May 21, 2020
Published in the Riverland News: May 28, 2020
Published in the Ocala Star Banner: May 28, 2020